Health & Safety Campaigns
Hospital Based activities.
- National Family Welfare Programme
- This is 100% free, materials being provided by the Govt. of India.
- The major services under this programme include CuT insertion and removal, Oral contraceptive pills & condoms supply.
- Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme.
- This is 100% free, drugs being supplied by the RNTCP Programme.
- Accute Flaccid Paralysis and Measles Surveillance of the WHO and Weekly Communicable Diseases reporting to the DMO.
- AIDS/STD Counseling, family counseling, Adolescent counseling and Individual counseling Services
- Patients referred from community, other departments, hospitals, schools are benefited by these services.
Community Based Activities.
- Primary Health care through peripheral health centres
- We have 8 outreach clinics – Kunnackal, Kunnakurudy, Kandanad, Nechoor, Vettickal, Santhigiri, Kizhakkambalam and Vazhappilly.
- PHC at Kunnackal is upgraded to Rural Health training centre. The centre has inpatient facility with a bed capacity of 10. Lab facility is also available. Interns are staying in the centre and their services are available on all days.
- In the Urban Health Training centre at Vazhappilly we are conducting clinic weekly twice 9.00 am to 12.30 pm. Lab facility is also available.
- All the other centres have weekly clinic in the morning.
- Junior Public Health nurse’s services are available through out in all the centers.
- A population of about 40000 is benefited by the services provided by the Community Medicine department.
i. Health education / Awareness on relevant health problems and social issues.
ii. Community Health Volunteers on going training programme
iii. Surveys on relevant health problems of the locality and camps
The medical students as part of their clinical posting do morbidity survey in the locality and conduct medical camps and health awareness classes in the community.
Socio economic development programmes include: Self Help Association for Development & Empowerment (SHADE) Project
- Swasraya Credit Union (Credit and Thrift scheme) for families in the working area of the department.
- Community Medical Insurance programme & Personal accident policy
- Dr. Valsa Memorial award for MBBS students of MOSC Medical College
- SSLC & Plus two top scorers of the credit union family
Social Welfare Activities for Development (SWAD):
- Financial aid to psychiatry patients, cancer patients etc.
- Goat Bank Scheme
- Financial aid to poor
- Palliative care activities
- Frequent visit to the patients by the palliative care team including doctors, nurses & volunteers
- Medical care to the patients
- Counselling services to the patients and the family members
- Equipments like Waterbed, Bedpan, Backrest, Wheel chair and Walking stick are given to the patients in the project area