The department is actively involved in teaching undergraduates and post graduates students of the medical college. We are also conducting diploma for
- Cath Lab Technician (2 year Diploma)
- Echo Technician (2 year Diploma)
We have taken part in several multicentre trials some of which are
International Study of Comparative Health Effectiveness with Medical and Invasive approaches. ISCHEMIA coordinated by New York University School of Medicines. The ISCHEMIA trial is an international, randomized comparative effectiveness study.
- ACS QUIK - Acute Coronary Syndrome Quality Improvement in Kerala. One of the centres participating in the NHLB funded multi centre study conducted by CSI & North Western University USA
- TREASURE - A non - interventional prospective observational Study to understand the usage pattern of Ticagrelor in Indian patients with acute coronary syndrome.
- Leptospirosis and cardiac involvement (to check)
- SEVERAL REGISTRIES - Our centre iscollecting data for several registries being conducted by CSI , Kerala,eg;
- Kerala Heart Failure Registry
- Atrial Fibrillation Registry
- Pulmonary Artery Hypertension registry.